Frontend Developer opening at Aragon
Aragon is an open source, decentralized project fighting for the freedom to organize. We believe that decentralized organizations can solve the world's worst problems.
We're looking for a Frontend Developer to work with us on the Aragon Labs, Aragon Core app, and aragonOS. Our Frontend Developer must not only be a frontend and web3 wizard but also a nonconformist. That means that our ideal candidate is not only a respected engineer but also a decentralization advocate.
- Develop, ship, and maintain quality frontends for the Aragon Labs and Aragon Core app projects, working closely with our UI toolkit.
- Work with our Design Lead to transform ideas and designs into modern, clean, and readable code.
- Research, develop, test and implement features on web applications built with modern technologies.
- Collaborate with the product team to define new product features.
- Experience working with Web3 technologies.
- Proven ability to ship quality, well-crafted code within tight deadlines.
- Being passionate about open source and decentralization.
- Being an autonomous individual with a proactive attitude and a love for time self-management. We work focus-driven, not hours-driven.
Good to have
- Previous experience contributing or managing open source projects.
- Previous experience working remotely.
- Very good written communication skills.
- Attention to UX/UI design.
How to apply
- Write an email with the following attachments plus any information you consider important to [email protected], with the subject
Frontend Dev opening application.
- Please send along your GitHub profile. Since we are open source only, we require applicants for developer positions to have a very active and healthy GitHub profile.
- Bonus: Why did Aragon catch your attention? Which challenge within the crypto space are you more interested in?
- Please send the following challenge completed:
Build a small app to explore the latest blocks on Ethereum. The goal of the app is to provide a way to glance at the recent Ether transfers happening on the blockchain.
- Display the ten latest blocks.
- Allow the user to see the transactions from a block. Only the transactions sending Ether should be displayed.
- Allow the user to see some details about a transaction.
- You can use any library you feel comfortable with.
- The app will be loaded into a browser with MetaMask.
- Feel free to interpret the requirements in any way that you think could be interesting.
- The app doesn’t need to follow the Aragon visual identity.
- Don’t hesitate to ask any question to the team :-)
The submission will be evaluated on the following points:
- Code quality / readability / testability
- UX / visual solutions
- Perceived performance