Frontend and web3 Developer
Frontend/Web3 Developer opening at Aragon
Aragon is an open source, decentralized project fighting for the freedom to organize. We believe that decentralized organizations can solve the world's worst problems.
We're looking for a Frontend Developer to work with us on the Aragon Labs, Aragon Core app, and aragonOS. Our Frontend Developer must not only be a frontend and web3 wizard but also a nonconformist. That means that our ideal candidate is not only a respected engineer but also a decentralization advocate.
- Expert understanding on: ES6/ES7, React, React Native and Electron, Client-side storage, Resource optimization, CSS, using preprocessors such as LESS or SASS, RxJS, Service Workers, Animations and Device APIs.
- Ability (and a track record) to ship high quality, well crafted code.
- Being passionate about decentralization.
- Being an autonomous individual with a proactive attitude and a love for time self-management (We are focus-driven work, not hours-driven).
Good to have
- Experience contributing or managing open source projects.
- Very good written communication skills.
How to apply
Write an email with the following attachments plus any information you consider important to [email protected], with the subject
Frontend Dev opening application.
Please send along your GitHub profile. Since we are open source only, we require applicants for developer positions to have a very active and healthy GitHub profile.
- Bonus: Why did Aragon caught your attention? Which challenge within the crypto space are you more interested in?
- Please send the following challenge completed:
Build a small app to explore the latest blocks on Ethereum. The goal of the app is to provide a way to glance at the recent Ether transfers happening on the blockchain.
- Display the ten latest blocks.
- Allow the user to see the transactions from a block. Only the transactions sending Ether should be displayed.
- Allow the user to see some details about a transaction.
- You can use any library you feel comfortable with.
- The app will be loaded in a browser with MetaMask.
- Feel free to interpret the requirements in any way that you think could be interesting.
- The app doesn’t need to follow the Aragon visual identity.
- Don’t hesitate to ask any question to the team :-)
The submission will be evaluated on the following points:
- Code quality / readability / testability
- UX / visual solutions
- Perceived performance